We would like you to take this opportunity to thank you for considering St Michael’s Nursery.
At St Michael’s we pride ourselves on offering children the best possible start to their school life. Our Nursery is run by experienced, highly trained staff who plan engaging, challenging activities to suit each child’s individual needs.
We value and recognise the importance and significance of Early Years education in shaping children’s thoughts and independent and confident learners.
We are proud to call ourselves a family. Every child is nurtured and given access to a rich and varied curriculum to enable them to reach their full potential.#
Our aim is to:
- Provide a happy, safe, stimulation and challenging programme of learning and development for the children to experience
- Develop excellent relationships with parents and carers to build a strong partnership in supporting their children
- Help your child develop a love for learning through meaningful and constructive play
- Set up provision both indoor and outdoor to allow children to develop into confident, independent learners
- We recognise and praise every child’s achievements
- Provide a caring and inclusive learning environment which is sensitive to the requirements of the individual child including those who have additional needs
- We help the children to achieve their full potential and build strong foundations as they begin their journey through education
- Parents can pre-register children who are 2
- When your child turns 2, you will need to complete an application form. There are available from the school office or can be downloaded from the school website
- This will need to be returned to the school office along with the supporting documents
- If a place is available you will be contacted by the school office to arrange a home visit
- You will be then be welcomed into the nursery for a visit before given a start date
Our Nursery is open every morning from 8:30 am until 11:30 am.
Please note: A place in the Nursery does not automatically guarantee your child a place in the school.
Navy jogging bottoms
White polo T-shirt
(Alternatively navy shorts and summer dresses during the summer months.)
Black shoes/trainers with no laces
Navy or black coat
St Michael’s school bag
During the winter months please could children bring in Wellington boots so they can play outside in all weathers.
Please make sure you label all of your child’s uniform including scarves, gloves etc.